ELSA Ireland is seeking a Director to co-ordinate the organisation of its biggest annual project, the ELSA Ireland Law School on Corporate and Finance Law, which takes place over 7 days in July or August. The event includes an academic, cultural and social programme for approximately 50 law students from all around Europe and further afield.
What can this opportunity offer you?
- The chance to develop and showcase your project management, teamwork, organisational and professional and intercultural communication skills
- The chance to meet fellow law students from a huge variety of different cultures
- The chance to interact and network with legal professionals in the sphere of corporate and finance law
- The chance to get involved in the world’s largest law student association!
What are the necessary attributes for the role?
- Dedication and reliability
- A good grasp of email and a reasonable level of IT skills generally
- The ability to communicate professionally
- A good level of teamwork, organisational and administrative skills
- A sense of duty/service (i.e. towards the Association and Law School participants)
What is involved in the role?
- Acting as a Head of an Organising Committee of approx. 3-5 people
- Identifying tasks to be completed in a variety of areas and delegating as appropriate
- Liaising with the ELSA International Law Schools Team to ensure quality standards are met (ELSA International will assign you a Coach to assist you)
- Liaising with the ELSA Ireland National Board, particularly with regard to finances
- Communicating with a wide range of people to include Law School participants, legal professionals, service providers, etc.
The National Board of ELSA Ireland, including last year’s organiser, will be on-hand throughout the organisation period to provide guidance and assistance with all aspects of the project!
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com (to apply, please provide a brief summary of why you would like to take on the role, together with a CV by 21 December 2017).
More information on the ELSA Law Schools project generally can be found on the ELSA International website here
This exciting project is waiting for you!